the scouts


When I get to make portraits for people I know it's easier and somehow difficult at the same time. You know the people so well yet the challenge to capture their personalities to a T is quite hard. I hope I managed to do this couple's portrait justice; she told me to paint them as I see them but luckily she gave me a bit of a back story about their relationship. And the way I see them is very happy and smiling all the time and very in love, and so I tried to capture just that. 

The scouts portrait - watercolour, pencil & marker on paper | 29,7 x 21 cm

I hope this painting will keep their new home from far, far away, all the way to New Zealand, very warm, cosy and colourful.


theme | scouts, nature, woods, happy, music, architecture, hugs
colour | earth tones, various



Comments

Popular Posts