arz - civilian female costume


As I've said in a previous post I really wish I could design more these ARZ civilian costumes, but the time was limited and we had to proceed with colouring one for the final look. I've had a similiar project last summer, which I hope I can talk about more in a future post (or several), where I sketched around one hundread designs revolved around a single concept and I was amazed of just how many ideas you can still get after that amount of work. 

Arz - civilian female costume - watercolour on paper | 29,7x21 cm

But getting back to this illustration, I've had free-hand on the colour palette, so I wanted something quite different from the typical science-fiction designs of the future. Usually we see neutral tones or dark shades of colour in the futuristic wear, but I wanted a departure from that concept, so I've added a bit more colour. Also played with some irridescent fabrics and a mix of textures, from smooth, textured leather-like pants to hard, metal accessories.


Find out more about this project and how you can contribute to it HERE

Comments

Popular Posts